The tropospheric impact of Arctic ozone loss events is still debatable. Using the ERA5 reanalysis and long-term integration by a climate-chemistry coupled model (CESM2-WACCM), the frequency of the Arctic ozone loss event and its tropospheric impacts are investigated in this study. On average, Arctic ozone loss events occur once in early spring every 14-15 years in both the ERA5 and the model. It is estimated from both ERA5 and modelling that roughly 40% of the strong polar vortex events in March are coupled with Arctic ozone loss and the remaining 60% are uncoupled. The composite difference between the two samples might be attributed to the pure impact of the Arctic ozone loss with the interference of strong polar vortices’ impact removed. Arctic ozone loss is accompanied by an increase in total ozone in midlatitudes with the maximum center in Central North Pacific. Comparing Arctic ozone loss events and pure strong polar vortex events uncoupled with ozone loss, the stratospheric NAM reverses earlier for the former. For the pure strong vortex events in early spring without Arctic ozone loss, the cold anomalies can extent from the stratosphere to the middle troposphere. The near surface warm anomalies are biased toward the continents during strong polar vortex events without ozone loss. In contrast, ozone loss in spring during the other 40% strong polar vortex events favors a concurrent and delayed warming of the near surface over the Arctic and its neighboring areas due to vertical redistribution of the solar radiation by the change in the ozone.